- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Google Cloud SQL is an easy-to-use fully managed service that allows you to configure and maintain SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL databases. You simply create the database cluster you want before moving on to creating tables and making queries. Updates, patches, backup, and replication are all taken care of automatically. Furthermore, you won’t need to worry about data encryption; Google Cloud SQL does it for you. For more information about what Cloud SQL provides, follow this link.
In this lab, you will create two tables in a provided Cloud SQL PostgreSQL database. You will also perform operations on it, monitor the resources usage and test that the atomicity property is respected by the database.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Establish a connection to a Cloud SQL database
- Perform operations on the database
- Monitor the resource usage of the Cloud SQL database
This Lab is intended for:
- Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) certification candidates
- Individuals that are familiar with SQL and databases who want to know more about big data solutions
Basic knowledge of SQL is required. If you don't have too much experience with SQL, you can follow this lab first: Run your first SQL Queries
April 5th, 2022 - Updated the instructions and screenshots to reflect the latest UI
March 21st, 2022 - Updated instructions and screenshots
Feb 28th, 2022 - Increase allotted time to account for database provisioning and provide additional documentation references
Nov 4th, 2021 - Updated instructions to address formatting issue with the SQL code
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services are the cloud providers he prefers. He is a Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer. Node.js is the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.