Connecting to the Kubernetes Cluster Through a Bastion Host
In this lab step, you will connect to the bastion host and access a shell using Amazon EC2 Instance Connect with
1. In the AWS Management Console search bar, enter EC2, and click the EC2 result under Services:
2. To see available instances, click Instances in the left-hand menu:
The instances list page will open, and you will see an instance named bastion-host:
If you don't see a running instance then the lab environment is still loading. Wait until the Instance state is Running.
3. Right-click the cloudacademylabs instance, and click Connect:
The Connect to your instance form will load.
4. In the form, ensure the EC2 Instance Connect tab is selected:
You will see the instance's Instance ID and Public IPv4 address displayed.
5. In the User name textbox, enter :
6. To open a browser-based shell, click Connect:
If you see an error it's likely that the environment hasn't finished setting up. Check for Setup completed at the top-left corner of the lab, wait a minute, and try connecting again:
A browser-based shell will open in a new window and you will see a shell similar to:
You can also connect to the instance using your preferred SSH client and the PPK (Windows) or PEM (Mac/Linux) key files in the Credentials section of this lab.