Uploading a Demo Image Gallery to the S3 Bucket
In this lab step, you will upload an image gallery to the S3 bucket you created previously.
The gallery is composed of:
- A set of image files
- An HTML page that lists each image
1. Download the demo gallery to your computer then unzip the file after the download is complete:
Copy and paste the link to a new browser tab and hit enter to begin the download.
Exact instructions for unzipping will depend upon your operating system. In most operating systems when you open the file you are asked if you want to unzip or extract it.
After extracting, you should see a folder or directory on your local file system called gallery.
2. Navigate to S3 in the AWS Management Console.
3. In the list of buckets, click on the name of the bucket you created previously:
4. To open the upload wizard, click Upload:
5. Click Add folder:
A file picker will open.
6. Using the file picker, select the gallery folder or directory on your local file system where you unzipped the gallery.zip file earlier.
Tip: You can also drag and drop the gallery folder onto the Amazon S3 upload page:
With the gallery folder or directory selected for upload, the Files and folders section will look like this:
7. To upload the gallery files, scroll to the bottom, and click Upload:
You will see a blue notification showing the progress of the upload:
Wait for the notification to turn green and report Upload succeeded.
The demo gallery is now stored in the S3 bucket.
8. To exit the Upload form, in the top-right, click Close: