The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 4 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Microsoft Azure is comprised of compute infrastructure and cloud services that Information Technology (IT) professionals and developers use to build, deploy and manage their applications. This is a beginner level Lab that focuses on the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)component of Azure. The legacy model of IT includes purchasing, shipping, receiving, configuring, and booting up your infrastructure. In this Lab, you will launch your first Windows Virtual Machine (VM) in Azure in minutes… not days or weeks!
- Remote Desktop (RDP) client software installed on your local machine
- Basic understanding of Information Technology (IT)
Upon completion of this Lab, you will be able to:
- Log in and use the basics of the Microsoft Azure portal
- Configure a Windows VM
- Launch a VM
- Connect to the VM with Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Perform basic VM controls (start, stop, restart, delete)
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
- December 14th, 2018 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
- July 13th, 2018 - Updated resource security policy to allow more regions and modified instructions to always use the East US region
- June 29th, 2018 - Updated screenshots and virtual machine configuration to reflect Azure changes
- September 26th, 2018 - Updated screenshots and virtual machine configuration to reflect Azure changes
About the Author
Greg has been a consistent high performer for pioneering technologies in the wireless web industries with an illustrious career that is a testament to his breadth of knowledge. Dabbling with MS Azure, at Cloud Academy, Greg really thrives on evangelizing the benefits of Amazon Web Services. A dedicated and passionate professional who learns new and emerging technologies quickly, Greg always ensures the highest quality and caliber of everything he produces.