The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
A CDK snapshot test begins by rendering an AWS CloudFormation template in JSON to be used as a reference snapshot. Whenever a snapshot test runs, a new template is generated and compared with the initial reference snapshot. If they do not match the test will fail, which can mean one of two things:
- An update was made to the construct definition that caused an unexpected change in the resulting template
- The initial reference snapshot needs to be updated to reflect the current version of the construct.
This type of testing is useful as you write your own CDK constructs and allows you to define expectations early on in development, and maintain those requirements as the application grows.
In this lab, you will discover how the Jest framework works within a CDK project and learn how to implement snapshot tests.
Upon completion of this intermediate-level lab, you will be able to:
- Run and evaluate test results generated with the Jest framework
- Write snapshot tests to compare stack templates against a baseline
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial:
- AWS Cloud Development Kit
- TypeScript Programming
The following labs can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.