The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Ready for the real environment experience?
The Microsoft AZ-900 exam is designed for candidates who want to show foundational-level knowledge of cloud services and specifically how Microsoft Azure handles these services. Companies often use this certification to train employees with non-technical backgrounds, such as salespeople or purchasers of cloud-based services, cloud project managers, and other quasi-technical cloud functions. The AZ-900 certification verifies that a certified individual has a fundamental grasp of how Azure accommodates different cloud needs.
Azure offers many networking tools to perform a large range of functions, from serving public and private websites, to allowing for high-availability, highly-scalable infrastructures, to efficiently serving data to end-users around the globe.
In this lab, you will navigate the Microsoft Azure Portal and receive an introduction to networking services as provided by Azure. Each Lab Step will focus on a different Azure networking service. By the end of this Lab, you will have a basic grasp of different Azure networking tools as well as how and why they are used.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand how to navigate to different networking services in the Azure Portal
- Demonstrate a fundamental grasp of networking services provided by Azure
- Demonstrate when and why different Azure networking services are used
This lab is intended for:
- Anyone interested in a quasi-technical role using Microsoft Azure
- Anyone hoping to certify in more in-depth Azure certifications and wanting a good place to start
You should be familiar with:
- Familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
- Basic networking principles is helpful but not required
- Some terminal / bash experience is useful but again, not required
March 9th, 2020 - Updated the CLI command used to retrieve the name of the storage account instead of using tags
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.