The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Introduction to DC/OS
Ready for the real environment experience?
In DC/OS, Mesos DNS provides service discovery facilities for applications and services to find each other via the domain name system (DNS) and a REST API. Mesos DNS is a DC/OS component that runs on master nodes in the cluster. Whenever applications are deployed in the cluster, Mesos DNS records for application instances are automatically created. This Lab takes you through using Mesos DNS for service discovery in DC/OS.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Discover applications by issuing DNS lookup requests to Mesos DNS
- Discover applications by issuing HTTP requests to Mesos DNS REST API
You should be familiar with:
- Basic DC/OS concepts including master nodes, agents, services, tasks, and Marathon
- Working at the command-line in Linux
- AWS services knowledge is useful in order to understand the architecture of the pre-created DC/OS cluster, but not required
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.