Creating an Amazon S3 Bucket
You can create an S3 bucket using the S3 management console. As with many other AWS services, you can also use the AWS API or CLI (command-line interface) as well. This lab uses the AWS console.
1. In the AWS Management Console search bar, enter S3, and click the S3 result under Services:
You will be placed in the S3 console.
2. From the S3 console, click Create bucket:
3. Under General configuration, enter the following values:
- Bucket name: Enter a unique name beginning with
- Add some random letters and numbers to make the bucket name unique
- Region: Ensure US West (Oregon) us-west-2 is selected
Amazon S3 Bucket names must be globally unique and DNS compliant. To read more about limitations on bucket names, visit the AWS documentation.
4. Leave the Block public access (bucket settings) at the default values:
No changes are needed. This is where you can set more granular permissions tied to your S3 objects. This includes setting permissions at the user and group level.
5. To finish creating your bucket, scroll to the bottom, and click on Create bucket.
If you see an error about the bucket name, add some random letters and numbers to the end of your bucket name.
In this lab step, you created an Amazon S3 bucket.
Check if the Amazon S3 bucket has been created