This learning path has been curated to allow you to gain the knowledge and understanding required to get the most from the following re:Invent session, enabling you to understand the insights and discussions during the talk at a greater level, and prepare you to ask some great questions for the speaker(s)!
STG205: AWS Storage solutions for containers and serverless applications - Modern applications have revolutionized application architecture by using containers for greater portability and/or building applications on serverless infrastructure to optimize compute resources. In this session, look at different storage services, including Amazon EFS, Amazon S3, and Amazon EBS, to help you determine which storage is the best fit for your modern applications.
As you progress through this learning path you will be introduced to the Amazon Elastic File System, Amazon S3, and also the Amazon Elastic Block Store services.
Once you have completed the suggested pre-session content and attended the re:Invent Breakout Session STG205, continue your learning experience in this learning path by completing a series of hands-on labs to reinforce your understanding of the services discussed.
The objectives of this learning path include:
Elastic File System:
- Provide an understanding of the AWS Elastic File System along with its benefits and use cases
- Understand which EFS performance and storage class to configure based upon your workloads
- How to configure and create an elastic file system
- How to mount EFS to your existing Linux instances
- Understand some security features and requirements of EFS
- How to Import existing data into your elastic file system
- Provide an overview of Amazon S3
- Introduce the basics of the Amazon S3 console
- Understand the differences between S3 storage classes
Amazon Elastic Block Store:
- Understand what EBS is and its use cases
- Learn about the two different EBS volumes types available
- Understand how EBS can enhance the security of your data
- Learn how to create EBS volumes
This learning path is designed for those who are looking to attend the STG205: AWS Storage solutions for containers and serverless applications re:Invent session
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 150+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 180,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.