Welcome to the Solutions Architect - Professional Certification for AWS learning path. This is an advanced course aimed at students who already have a working knowledge of AWS and who have passed the Solutions Architect - Associate Certification for AWS exam, which is a pre-requisite for sitting the Solutions Architect - Professional Certification for AWS exam.
This learning path is structured around the 8 domains outlined in the AWS exam blueprint. We'll cover the core concepts for each domain and go through sample questions and scenarios to help you develop and build your problem solving skills.
You'll gain the knowledge you need to help you achieve this certification. We also hope that by doing this learning path you can build and develop your skills as an AWS professional.
Learning Path Primer:
- Terminology and definitions
- Fundamentals of High Availability and security
- AWS services at a glance
Domain 1: High Availability and Business Continuity
- Demonstrate ability to architect the appropriate level of availability based on stakeholder requirements
- Demonstrate ability to implement DR for systems based on RPO and RTO
- Determine appropriate use of multi-Availability Zones vs. multi-Region architectures
- Demonstrate ability to implement self-healing capabilities
Domain 2: Costing
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural decisions that minimize and optimize infrastructure cost
- Apply the appropriate AWS account and billing set-up options based on scenario
- Ability to compare and contrast the cost implications of different architectures
Domain 3: Deployment Management
- Ability to manage the lifecycle of an application on AWS
- Demonstrate ability to implement the right architecture for development, testing, and staging environments
- Position and select most appropriate AWS deployment mechanism based on scenario
Domain 4: Network Design
- Network Design for a complex large scale deployment
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement networking features of AWS
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement connectivity features of AWS
Domain 5: Data Storage
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural trade off decisions involving storage options
- Demonstrate ability to make architectural trade off decisions involving database options
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate data storage architecture
- Determine use of synchronous versus asynchronous replication
Domain 6: Security
- Design information security management systems and compliance controls
- Design security controls with the AWS shared responsibility model and global infrastructure
- Design identity and access management controls
- Design protection of Data at Rest controls
- Design protection of Data in Flight and Network Perimeter controls
Domain 7: Scalability and Elasticity
- Demonstrate the ability to design a loosely coupled system
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate front-end scaling architecture
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate middle-tier scaling architecture
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate data storage scaling architecture
- Determine trade-offs between vertical and horizontal scaling
Domain 8: Cloud Migration and Hybrid Architecture
- Plan and execute for applications migrations
- Demonstrate ability to design hybrid cloud architectures
- April 4, 2017 - 4 new labs added
- May 16, 2018 - Added Solutions Architect - Professional Preparation Exam
Learning Path Steps
Solution Architect Professional for AWS - Domain One - High Availability, Scalability and Business Continuity
During this lab we will understand how to launch an Auto Scaling group behind a Classic Load Balancer
Scalable DevOps: Using CloudFormation for Whole VPC Stacks
Solution Architect Professional for AWS- Domain Three - Deployment Management
For controlled deployments and efficient deployment services of code on EC2 instances, Elastic Beanstalks provides a superior interaction model and developer tools experience.
This lab is an overview about the CodeCommit service, it covers how to create a repository, how to connect to a repository and how to manage a repository.
Learn how to invoke a Lambda function in response to CodeCommit events on your repository.
Learn how to listen to DynamoDB update streams and process batches of records with AWS Lambda to augment your database behavior.
Learn how to manage our organization using IAM Users and Groups and IAM Roles
Learn how to invoke a Lambda function to process and manipulate notifications published on SNS topics.
Learn how to monitor AWS Cloud systems by building a log aggregation system running the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana).
Solution Architect Professional for AWS - Domain Seven: Scalability and Elasticity
Solution architect Professional for AWS - Domain Eight - Cloud Migration
Solutions Architect for AWS Professional
Preparation Exam: Certified Solutions Architect - Professional for AWS
About the Author
Andrew is an AWS certified professional who is passionate about helping others learn how to use and gain benefit from AWS technologies. Andrew has worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe. His favorite Amazon leadership principle is "Customer Obsession" as everything AWS starts with the customer. Passions around work are cycling and surfing, and having a laugh about the lessons learnt trying to launch two daughters and a few start ups.