The course is part of this learning path
This course provides you with a deep dive into the various JDK features for accessing different resources when developing with Java. We’ll cover areas such as JDBC, Annotations, CDI, and JPA.
After completing this course, why not do our Accessing Resources using Java Annotations, CDI, JDBC, and JPA lab to put your knowledge into practice?
- Understand what the JDBC API is how to implement it to access databases
- Understand what Annotations are and the benefits of working with them to access resources
- Understand what CDI is and how you can use it for dependency injection and interception
- And understand what JPA is and how you can use it for object relational mapping and as a persistence framework
- A basic understanding of the Java programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software Engineers interested in advancing their Java skills
- Software Architects interested in using advanced features of Java to design and build both applications and frameworks
- Anyone interested in advanced Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the advanced areas and features of the Java SDK
Hello and welcome to this CloudAcademy course on Accessing Resources. In this lecture, we'll introduce you to the course agenda and learning objectives. This training course introduces you to the various JDK features for accessing different resources when developing with Java. We'll cover areas such as JDBC, Annotations, CDI, and JPA. By completing this course you will understand what the JDBC API is and how to implement it to access databases, understand what Annotations are, and the benefits of working with them to access resources, understand what CDI is and how you can use it for dependency injection and interception, and understand what JPA is and how you can use it for object relational mapping and as a persistence framework Okay, the course introduction has now been completed. Go ahead and close this lecture and we'll see you shortly in the next one.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).