Advanced Java Programming
The course is part of this learning path
This training course provides you with a deep dive into generics, type inference, Lambda expressions, and functional interface development.
What you'll learn:
- What generics are and when and why you might choose to implement them
- Type inference and the var keyword
- The basic concept of functional programming
- How to write basic Lambda expressions
- Functional interfaces and when to use them
- The key differences between anonymous classes and lambda expressions
- A basic understanding of the Java programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software Engineers interested in advancing their Java skills
- Software Architects interested in using advanced features of Java to design and build both applications and frameworks
- Anyone interested in advanced Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the advanced areas and features of the Java SDK
Hello and welcome to this Cloud Academy course, Advanced Java Programming, where we'll dive deeper into the Java language, exploring more advanced areas. In this lecture, we'll introduce you to the course agenda and learning objectives. This training course introduces you to Generics, Type Inference, Lambda Expressions, and Functional Interface development. By completing this course you will understand what Generics are and when and why you might choose to implement them, understand Type inference and the var keyword, understand the basic concept of functional programming, learn how to write basic lambda expressions, understand functional interfaces and when to use them, and understand the key differences between anonymous classes and lambda expressions. Okay, the course introduction has now been completed. Go ahead and close this lecture and we'll see you shortly in the next one.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).