The course is part of this learning path
Amazon Lex -Deep Dive
Creating a Lex Bot
In this Amazon Lex course you will be guided through an in-depth study of the Amazon Lex service. We review where and when to use this service to best effect. We'll go over Chatbots in general and why they have become both useful and popular. You will be introduced to the key features and core components within the Amazon Lex service. We spend time understanding and reviewing Amazon Lex Bots, Intents, Utterances, Slots, and Slot Types.
We focus on the developer workflow and how Amazon Lex integrates seamlessly with other AWS services. We take a look at, and review the capabilities of the Amazon Lex API and associated SDKs. We review Versioning and Aliases and how they facilitate development within the Amazon Lex service. Finally, we walk you through building a fully functional chatbot implemented using the Amazon Lex service, which when completed will allow you to start and stop EC2 instances.
- Understand the basic principles of Amazon Lex for building Conversational Interfaces
- Learn how to effectively use Amazon Lex to manage and maintain your own chatbots
- Recognize and explain how to perform all basic Amazon Lex related tasks such as configuring Intents, Slots, and Lambda functions (code hooks)
- Understand IAM security permissions required for Amazon Lex to interact with other AWS services such as EC2
- Be able to competently manage Amazon Lex using the AWS console
- AWS Administrators
- Software Developers and Engineers
To be able to get the most out of this course we recommend having a basic understanding of:
- AWS Lambda
- Software Development
- Basic understanding of Python
The example code used within this course can be found here:
Related Training Content
After completing this course we recommend taking the 'Introduction to Amazon Rekognition' course.
To discover more content like this, you will find all of our training in the Cloud Academy Content Training Library.
Transcript unavailable for this lecture.
About the Author
Jeremy is a Cloud Researcher and Trainer at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for security, AI, and machine learning for both AWS and GCP cloud platforms.
He has a strong background in development and coding, and has been hacking with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years.
In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on Cloud, Security, AI, Machine Learning, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, and CICD.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both AWS and GCP platforms.