Amazon Kinesis Streaming Fundamentals
Amazon OpenSearch Service
Amazon Elastic Map Reduce
The course is part of this learning path
This course provides detail on the AWS Analytic services relevant to the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam.
Want more? Try a lab playground or do a Lab Challenge!
- Learn about Amazon Athena and how it can be used to analyze data in Amazon S3
- Learn how Amazon OpenSearch Service can be used to deploy, operate, and scale OpenSearch clusters in the AWS Cloud
- To gain a solid understanding of Amazon Kinesis
- Understand use cases for each of its components
- An awareness of the types of business problems each component addresses
- Understand the fundamentals of streams processing
- Learn about the features of Amazon Kinesis
- Learn about the services that make up Amazon Kinesis
- Learn how to get data in and out of a stream and how to use streams to get data from its source to a destination
- Learn about the limits of Kinesis Data Streams and how to avoid them
- Learn how to protect and secure data within a stream
- Learn about shard capacity, scaling, and limits
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of how a data streaming service is layered and its operations
- Understand how to secure a Kinesis Data Stream
Hello, and welcome to this course on analytics in AWS, where we’re here to help you on your journey to prepare for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certification.
Before we get started, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Danny Jessee, and I am one of the trainers here at Cloud Academy, specializing in AWS – Amazon Web Services – and AWS certifications.
In this course, the AWS team will be presenting a series of lectures that introduce the various analytics services currently available in AWS that may be covered on the exam.
Feel free to contact me with any questions using the details shown on the screen, or you can always get in touch with us here at Cloud Academy by sending an email to email@example.com, where one of our Cloud experts will reply to your question.
This course has been specifically curated to help you pass the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam and is ideal for anyone who is looking to learn more about the various analytics services in AWS in preparation for the exam.
The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to analytics services in AWS for DevOps engineers, including:
- Amazon Athena,
- Amazon EMR,
- Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose,
- Amazon Kinesis Data Streams,
- Amazon OpenSearch Service, and
- Amazon QuickSight.
Together with the other courses in this learning path, we’ll cover all of the key tools, technologies, and concepts from the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam guide and ensure that you are fully prepared to sit this exam.
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certification has been designed for anyone in a DevOps engineer role who has knowledge and experience using AWS services to provision, operate, and manage distributed systems and services. All of the AWS Cloud concepts introduced in this course will be explained and reinforced from the ground up.
Here at Cloud Academy, we strive to keep our content current to provide the best training available. If you have any feedback, positive or negative, or if you notice anything that needs to be updated or corrected for the next release cycle, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Stephen is the AWS Certification Specialist at Cloud Academy. His content focuses heavily on topics related to certification on Amazon Web Services technologies. He loves teaching and believes that there are no shortcuts to certification but it is possible to find the right path and course of study.
Stephen has worked in IT for over 25 years in roles ranging from tech support to systems engineering. At one point, he taught computer network technology at a community college in Washington state.
Before coming to Cloud Academy, Stephen worked as a trainer and curriculum developer at AWS and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in cloud technologies.
In his spare time, Stephen enjoys reading, sudoku, gaming, and modern square dancing.