Format and Structure
Your submission should be text-based and you should break down each learning area as listed in the 'Learning outcomes' section. You may include screenshots, diagrams, and other images as supporting evidence.
Acceptable file formats include either .pdf, .doc, or .docx with a file limit of 750 MB.
Here’s a checklist of what your submission should include:
- An introductory section
- Description of the project
- The approach
- Project outcomes
- How was the project assigned to you?
- Which stakeholders did you liaise with for this?
- What were the key requirements?
- Were there any other considerations e.g., a budget?
- How did you interact with various stakeholders?
When providing evidence along your apprenticeship journey, a recommended approach is to apply the STARRS method to each work task you are talking about. This will provide you with a clear direction on how to structure the required evidence into the portfolio.
- Situation – What is the situation? What is the issue/problem that needs solving?
- Task – What were you tasked with doing? What were your objectives? What did you do, and what did the task involve? Explain your tasks and responsibilities
- Action – What did you do? How did you do it? Who did you communicate with? What tools did you use? (This is where you can provide your screenshots/evidence)
- Result – What did you do after you completed your actions? Did anything need updating? Did you communicate with anyone? What was the conclusion?
- Reflect – What did you do well? What didn’t go as well as you had hoped?
- Strengthen – In later stages, when you look to consolidate your portfolio, have you provided the best evidence from your apprenticeship work? Do you need to collate additional supporting evidence?
How to submit in Bud
- Close this window and go to Bud.
- In your activity window in Bud, select the ‘Messages and Submissions’ button.
- Upload your file into the 'Messages and Submissions' area (word doc).
- Select the 'Submit' button.
- Your work is submitted.
Your DLC will have feedback for you within 3 working days.
When you are ready, select Next to continue.
This Course provides you with information about how to create, structure, and submit the first draft of your work.