Activity one: Software development life cycle
In this step, you will find the instructions and steps you need to follow to complete the optional Apply stage.
For this Apply stage you will need to research and compare the different development models:
- Agile (Scrum).
You should aim to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each and why the Agile methodology is gaining widespread acceptance.
Conducting Your Research
When conducting your research, try to consider the key elements of the different development methods:
- Why are they used?
- What are the benefits of each approach?
- How is each implemented?
Creating Your Research Document
Your research document will briefly describe what you have found regarding the different development methods.
This document can form part of evidence of your understanding of the topic of the SDLC.
Your Research Document should include:
- The title of the Task
- Brief outline of the task, covering the scope and purpose of the research
- A description of each development model with advantages and disadvantages.
- An explanation for the growing adoption of Agile methodology.
Key points about your Research Document:
- Keep the research questions mentioned above in mind when completing this task, and make sure you cover all areas specified in the research task.
- Keep your document brief, aim for no more than 500 words.
It may comprise of two-three paragraphs or bulleted sentences.
When you’re ready, select Next to continue.
In this Course, you will find the instructions and steps you need follow to complete the optional Apply activity for the module.
A world-leading tech and digital skills organization, we help many of the world’s leading companies to build their tech and digital capabilities via our range of world-class training courses, reskilling bootcamps, work-based learning programs, and apprenticeships. We also create bespoke solutions, blending elements to meet specific client needs.