AWS Step Functions
Which services should I use to build a decoupled architecture?
AWS Machine Learning Services
Design a Multi-Tier Solution
When To Go Serverless
AWS Migration Services
The course is part of this learning path
Domain One of The AWS Solution Architect Associate exam guide SAA-C03 requires us to be able to Design a multi-tier architecture solution so that is our topic for this section.
We cover the need to know aspects of how to design Multi-Tier solutions using AWS services.
Want more? Try a lab playground or do a Lab Challenge!
- Learn some of the essential services for creating multi-tier architect on AWS, including the Simple Queue Service (SQS) and the Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Understand data streaming and how Amazon Kinesis can be used to stream data
- Learn how to design a multi-tier solution on AWS, and the important aspects to take into consideration when doing so
- Learn how to design cost-optimized AWS architectures
- Understand how to leverage AWS services to migrate applications and databases to the AWS Cloud
Hello, and welcome to this course on AWS architectures, where we’re here to help you on your journey to prepare for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification. Before we get started, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Danny Jessee, and I am one of the trainers here at Cloud Academy, specializing in AWS – Amazon Web Services – and AWS certifications.
In this course, the AWS team will be presenting a series of lectures that introduce the tools and services that can be used to design many different types of solution architectures that may be covered on the exam.
Feel free to contact me with any questions using the details shown on the screen, or you can always get in touch with us here at Cloud Academy by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, where one of our Cloud experts will reply to your question.
This course has been specifically curated to help you pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam and is ideal for anyone who is looking to learn more about the tools and services that may be used to design different solution architectures in AWS in preparation for the exam. The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the tools, services, and methodologies you should consider when designing different types of solutions in AWS, including:
- The differences between decoupled and event-driven architectures;
- Application services such as the Amazon Simple Notification Service, or SNS; the Amazon Simple Queue Service, or SQS; and AWS Step Functions;
- How to work with streaming data in AWS using Amazon Kinesis or Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka, known as MSK;
- Mobile application services such as Amazon Device Farm and Pinpoint;
- A high-level introduction to AWS machine learning services; and
- How to design multi-tier solutions.
You’ll also learn about various design considerations to keep in mind when building serverless architectures or any architectures that leverage microservices. And we’ll wrap up the course with some tips for optimizing compute and storage costs within your solutions.
Together with the other courses in this learning path, we’ll cover all of the key tools, technologies, and concepts from the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam guide and ensure that you are fully prepared to sit this exam.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification has been designed for anyone who has experience designing cloud solutions that use AWS services to meet current and future business requirements, as well as architectures that are secure, resilient, high-performing, and cost-optimized in accordance with the AWS Well-Architected Framework. All of the AWS Cloud concepts introduced in this course will be explained and reinforced from the ground up.
Here at Cloud Academy, we strive to keep our content current to provide the best training available. If you have any feedback, positive or negative, or if you notice anything that needs to be updated or corrected for the next release cycle, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Andrew is fanatical about helping business teams gain the maximum ROI possible from adopting, using, and optimizing Public Cloud Services. Having built 70+ Cloud Academy courses, Andrew has helped over 50,000 students master cloud computing by sharing the skills and experiences he gained during 20+ years leading digital teams in code and consulting. Before joining Cloud Academy, Andrew worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe.