Take this beginner-level course on 'Atlassian BitBucket' to delve into the core principles and applied benefits for your software projects. This course, made up of 8 lectures and 14 demos, will expertly teach and explain how to perform Git-related tasks along with implementing and connecting BitBucket to third parties while always being aware of the various security options available.
This course would appeal to a range of job roles including software developers, build and release engineers and DevOps practitioners. All of the skills that you will gain from doing this course will yield a tangible dividend for the projects with your enterprise; allowing you to use, control and manage BitBucket to manage and maintain your software products.
- Understand the basic principles of version control as implemented using the Git protocol and
- Learn how to effectively use BitBucket to manage and maintain your software projects
- Assess the benefits of using BitBucket to manage and secure your software engineering assets
- Recognize and explain how to perform all basic Git related tasks such as creating and cloning a repository, branching, and merging.
- Study to implement and connect BitBucket with other 3rd party systems
- Be aware of the different security options available to secure your BitBucket setup
- Be able to use, control, and manage BitBucket through either using the web-based administration console and/or by using a git client.
- Software Developers
- Software Build and Release Engineers
- DevOps Practitioners
To be able to get the most out of this course we recommend having a basic understanding of:
- Software development and the software development life cycle
- Software development tools
- Version control and associated workflows
Related Training Content
After completing this course we recommend taking the 'Introduction to Continuous Integration' Course
To discover more content like this, you will find all of our training in the Cloud Academy Content Training Library.
Welcome back. Before we finish let's do a quick review of what we've learned. We gained an understanding of the basic principles of version control as implemented using the Git protocol and how BitBucket can be used effectively to manage and maintain your own software projects. We gained an understanding of the benefits of using BitBucket to manage and secure your software engineering assets. We gained an understanding of how BitBucket workflows can be used to manage and maintain your code base. We gained an understanding of how to perform all basic Git related tasks such as creating and cloning a repository, branching and merging using Pull Requests, and automated builds using Pipelines. We gained an understanding of how to implement and connect BitBucket with other third party systems using Webhooks, the REST based API, native integrations, notification and or subscriptions. We gained an understanding of the different security options available to secure your BitBucket setup.
We gained an understanding of how to use, control and manage BitBucket through either using the web based administration console, the equivalent REST API operations and or by using a Git client whether from the command line or GUI based. Finally we put our learned Git and BitaBucket knowledge into action by version controlling a web based portal application, building and deploying it through the use of a BitBucket Pipelines. The outcome of which was an S3 statically hosted web based portal application. Thank you for your participation. We do hope you've enjoyed this course on Atlassian BitBucket. Please feel free to contact our site support at CloudAcademy.com if you have any questions and or comments.
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.