In this course, you will learn how to design an API using the OpenAPI specification, test API routes using Postman, and use Express to build an API backend application.
- Learn about the OpenAPI specification
- Learn how to design an API in Postman using the OpenAPI specification
- Learn how to create the initial boilerplate of an Express application
- Learn to create modular routes using Express Router
- Learn how to implement route and query parameters
- Learn about using a controller and controller concept in API route building
- Learn how to test routes along with route and query parameters using Postman
- Learn to create Swagger Documentation for the API from the API design YAML file
This course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about Express.
It is highly recommended to watch Node and Express content on Cloud Academy before taking this course.
Here's a list of the technologies that will be used in this course: The Postman application and this will be used to design and test the API, the OpenAPI specification, and with this, I will be following a design-first pattern, the Swagger NPM package to generate API documentation, and the Express framework. Lastly, I want to focus on this API flow chart. For this course, I will be building the users portion of the Acme Inc. API. This will encompass two endpoints, /users and /user, with multiple request methods, and the use of query and route parameters. And, of course, if you have any feedback, please reach out to email@example.com.
Farish has worked in the EdTech industry for over six years. He is passionate about teaching valuable coding skills to help individuals and enterprises succeed.
Previously, Farish worked at 2U Inc in two concurrent roles. Farish worked as an adjunct instructor for 2U’s full-stack boot camps at UCLA and UCR. Farish also worked as a curriculum engineer for multiple full-stack boot camp programs. As a curriculum engineer, Farish’s role was to create activities, projects, and lesson plans taught in the boot camps used by over 50 University partners. Along with these duties, Farish also created nearly 80 videos for the full-stack blended online program.
Before 2U, Farish worked at Codecademy for over four years, both as a content creator and part of the curriculum experience team.
Farish is an avid powerlifter, sushi lover, and occasional Funko collector.