Object Oriented Development
The course is part of this learning path
This training course provides you with a deep dive into how to create object-oriented based Python scripts.
- Understand how to write and define classes and class constructors
- Review how class methods are created
- Review how to add properties to a class
- Understand how you work with objects created from classes
- Examine and use class inheritance or subclassing
- And finally, understand how to implement so-called special methods
- A basic understanding of the Python programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software developers interested in learning how to write Python code in a Pythonic way
- Python junior level developers interested in advancing their Python skills
- Anyone with an interest in Python and how to use Python to write concise and elegant scripts for general purpose tasks
- [Jeremy] Okay, welcome back. In this course, we're going to introduce you to Classes. Python is an object orientated programming language. Classes provide a very powerful tool to organize your code. Okay, let's begin. The learning objectives for this course are: to know how to define a class and its constructor, to know how to create object methods, understanding how to add properties to a class, understanding how to work with class data and methods, knowing how to leverage inheritance for code reuse, being able to implement special methods and finally, knowing when not to use classes.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes.