Configuring and Managing Forest and Domain Trusts
Configuring and Managing AD DS Sites and Replication
Windows Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) is a leading identity management solution for organizations of all sizes. An AD DS deployment can be as simple as a single domain controller or as complex as a multi-domain forest spread across the globe. Managing sites, domains, and forests in an AD DS environment is critical to a healthy and reliable Active Directory infrastructure. This course is intended to provide the information needed to successfully manage Windows AD sites, domains, forests, trust relationships, and replication.
In this course, we start by reviewing AD DS forest and domain trusts. Then we examine forest design considerations to create a scalable environment that can meet future demands. Next, we investigate Active Directory sites, site links, and how they relate to the organization's network configuration. Finally, we evaluate AD DS replication and how site links can optimize replication in an AD DS environment.
- Windows AD domains, forests, and trust relationships
- Windows AD forests and domain design considerations
- Creating a two-way forest trust
- Active Directory sites and site topology
- Creating an Active Directory site
- Windows AD sites and replication
- Creating Active Directory site links
- System administrators with responsibilities for managing hybrid identities
- Subject matter experts in configuring and managing Active Directory workload on-premises and in Azure
- Anyone preparing for the Azure AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure exam
- A basic understanding of deploying and managing Microsoft Windows servers
- Windows Server installation media and an environment to run Windows Server (trial available at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2022)
Hello and welcome to the course on Configuring and Managing Multi-Site, Multi-Domain, and Multi-Forest Environments in Active Directory. My name is Travis Roberts. I'm an Azure Solution Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified Trainer, and Microsoft MVP with over 20 years experience with Microsoft Infrastructure. I'm excited to get started on this journey to learn about Windows AD forests, domains, trusts, and sites. In this course, you'll learn about: Windows AD domains and forest trust relationships.
Windows AD forest and domain design considerations. Creating a two-way forest trust. Active Directory sites and site topology. Creating an Active Directory site. Windows AD sites and replication, and creating Active Directory site links. Coming up, we'll get started with an overview of what Windows AD domain and forest trusts are, and design considerations when creating a forest. Then create a trust relationship between two forests. After that, we'll review and walk through creating Active Directory sites. Next, we'll examine Active Directory replication and create site links to optimize Active Directory replication. Thank you for taking this course, please don't forget to rate this course when you're finished. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing you in the next lecture to get started.
Travis Roberts is a Cloud Infrastructure Architect at a Minneapolis consulting firm, a Microsoft MVP, MCT, and author. Travis has 20 years of IT experience in the legal, pharmaceutical, and marketing industries and has worked with IT hardware manufacturers and managed service providers. In addition, Travis has held numerous technical certifications throughout his career from Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, and Cisco.