Configuring User Experience Settings in AVD
The course is part of this learning path
An important aspect of any Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) environment is ensuring you are able to manage the environment and apps in an efficient manner. This includes managing printers and policies and being able to troubleshoot issues quickly. This in turn gives a much smoother experience to end-users. AVD allows integration with both on-premises and cloud-native services, which allows you to:
- Deploy group policies and cloud-managed policies to manage user settings
- Deploy printers via Azure
- Configure environment properties
- Troubleshoot issues
Ensuring settings within the environment are configured correctly is an important factor in giving the end-user a good experience when they are using Azure Virtual Desktop. This course will help you to configure end-user experience settings and allow you to streamline your Azure Virtual Desktop experience.
- Configure Universal Print
- Configure user settings through Group Policies and Endpoint Manager policies
- Configure persistent and non-persistent desktop environments
- Configure Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) properties on a host pool
- Configure session timeout properties
- Troubleshoot user profile issues
- Troubleshoot Azure Virtual Desktop clients
This course is intended for people who:
- Want to become an Azure Virtual Desktop Specialist
- Are preparing to take the AZ-140 exam
If you wish to get the most out of this course, you should have a good understanding of Azure administration, but this is not essential.
Hello and welcome to this course on Configuring User Experience in Azure Virtual Desktop. My name is Shabaz Darr and I’ll be your instructor for this course. I am an Azure Virtual Desktop Specialist and have been working in the Microsoft cloud services for several years, specifically with Azure Virtual Desktop since its inception, and have multiple Azure-focused certifications. My contact information is available on the screen.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments, or concerns and I will be happy to discuss these with you. For any other issues, you can always get in touch with us here at Cloud Academy by sending an email to email@example.com and one of our cloud experts will follow up with you. This course is intended for anyone planning to take the Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty exam and anyone interested in learning how to deploy an Azure Virtual Desktop environment
By the end of this course, you will have knowledge on:
- Configuring Universal print
- Configuring user settings through group policies and Endpoint Manager policies
- Configuring persistent and non-persistent desktop environments
- Configuring Remote desktop Protocol (RDP) properties on a host pool
- Configuring session timeout properties
- Troubleshooting user profile issues
- Troubleshooting Azure Virtual Desktop clients
To get the most from this course you should have an Administrator-level understanding of Azure Cloud services. When I created this course, all information was current. Feedback on course content hosted by Cloud Academy is always appreciated and encouraged, as it allows us as trainers to improve which helps all of our students taking courses in the future. If you have any feedback, positive or negative, it would be greatly appreciated if you could contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you notice any updates or corrections, please reach out to us. Thank you!
Shabaz Darr is a Senior Infrastructure Specialist at Netcompany based in the UK. He has 15 years plus experience working in the IT industry, 7 of those he has spent working with Microsoft Cloud Technologies in general, with a focus on MEM and IaaS. Shabaz is a Microsoft MVP in Enterprise Mobility with certifications in Azure Administration and Azure Virtual Desktop. During his time working with Microsoft Cloud, Shabaz has helped multiple public and private sector clients in the UK with designing and implementing secure Azure Virtual Desktop environments.