- Service management has been around for longer than 20 years, and it's still a bizarre area that actually nobody really can pin it down to exactly what it's about. In essence, it's about the management of services, but that's a really crass answer. What we're talking about is receiving services. Any consumer receives services. It could be a banking service or it could be a travel service or it could be a service in a restaurant or a service in a hotel or even a manufacturing service. It doesn't matter what the service is. It's about the structure and the framework about the delivery of that service. So we'd be talking about making sure the consumer gets what they need, what they're asking for, what they're prepared to pay for, and what's actually going to deliver value to them. So when we talk about service management, it's a framework of advice and guidance around the delivery of services to customers or consumers of that service.
Martin is a professionally qualified and experienced IT Professional with over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. He has held a number of senior roles and has experience of large-scale IT Service Management implementation programs both in public and private sectors. He has over 15 years of experience working for QA as both a Senior principal lecturer/consultant and as Head of Service Management Product Development. Martin has delivered training to a wide variety of audiences, both UK and internationally, to consistently high levels of customer satisfaction.
His main role at QA is acting as a Head of Service Management Product Development to enable QA to deliver high quality, interactive training in the following areas:
- Delivering a wide range of public ITIL, SIAM, and BRM courses
- Delivering onsite ITIL and SIAM courses
- Developing high-quality QA authored Service Management courses and courseware across all delivery mechanisms including classroom, e-learning, and virtual
- Working with Industry partners to develop new curricula and courses – Recent examples include ITIL Practitioner and the BCS EXIN SIAM Foundation qualifications