Deploying a GCP Marketplace Solution
The course is part of this learning path
Learn how to use the Google Cloud Marketplace to install both commercial and open-source software on your Google Cloud Platform account.
- Understand what the Google Cloud Marketplace is
- Learn how to browse the Marketplace catalog
- Learn how to deploy a Marketplace solution
This course is intended for anyone who wants to enhance their knowledge of Google Cloud Marketplace.
Anyone can take this course, but some basic knowledge of GCP would be beneficial.
Well, I hope you enjoyed learning about the Google Cloud Marketplace. Now you know you have a wide array of easy-to-install software at your fingertips. Remember, before you install anything, remember to carefully review your options. You want to understand what version of the software you are deploying, as well any associated costs. You also should keep in mind that there are four main types of products that are offered:
- Virtual Machines are deployed to a Compute Engine VM. You manage them using the Compute Engine screen, but it is best to use Deployment Manager to delete them.
- Kubernetes apps are deployed to a GKE cluster. These can be fully managed using the GKE screen.
- SaaS & APIs don’t require any installation, but they do usually require a subscription.
- Container images require manual installation.
Well, that’s all I have for you today. Remember to give this course a rating, and if you have any questions or comments, please let us know. Thanks for watching, and make sure to check out our many other courses on Cloud Academy!
Daniel began his career as a Software Engineer, focusing mostly on web and mobile development. After twenty years of dealing with insufficient training and fragmented documentation, he decided to use his extensive experience to help the next generation of engineers.
Daniel has spent his most recent years designing and running technical classes for both Amazon and Microsoft. Today at Cloud Academy, he is working on building out an extensive Google Cloud training library.
When he isn’t working or tinkering in his home lab, Daniel enjoys BBQing, target shooting, and watching classic movies.