An introduction to Tableau - FCA
Introduction to Tableau |DEL3 FCA|
This guide will introduce Tableau, the Tableau ecosystem, explore the desktop product components and capabilities. We also introduce, at a high level, terminologies associated with the software which will be useful whenever you utilise Tableau.
- Tableau desktop or public (at least version 2021.1) is installed.
- Access to Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Experience working with data lists and tables in Microsoft Excel.
- Able to create and format charts.
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts (descriptive statistics, distributions, probability, variance and correlation).
- Familiar with writing formulas.
By the end of this guide, you will have covered:
- Tableau product ecosystem.
- Tableau creator concepts.
- Main features.
- From data to viz.
- Interactive visualisations introduced.
- Dashboards and stories explored.
About the Author
A world-leading tech and digital skills organization, we help many of the world’s leading companies to build their tech and digital capabilities via our range of world-class training courses, reskilling bootcamps, work-based learning programs, and apprenticeships. We also create bespoke solutions, blending elements to meet specific client needs.