Internet of Things (IoT) is all of the rages nowadays. Internet of Things (IoT) are devices and components that exist all around us in our day to day lives which communicate with and connect through cloud networks and the internet. This includes cellular service in vehicles, specialized thermostats, and health bands that monitor health. This course will provide an introduction to the subject of Internet of Things (IoT) and provide an overall understanding.
- This course is geared for anyone currently looking to learn about and get a better understanding of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Viewers require no previous experience with Internet of Things (IoT) but, having a technical background is helpful.
- While there are no formal pre-requisites students will benefit from having a basic understanding of cloud computing services
- Recommended course - Compute Fundamentals
- Understand the purpose and benefits of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Learn the essentials of where to begin working with Internet of Things (IoT)
- Learn about the growing challenges of Internet of Things (IoT) along with the predicted growth and projections for the next few years.
This Course Includes:
60 minutes of high-definition video.
What You'll Learn:
- Course Intro: What to expect from this course.
- Use Cases: In this lesson, we discuss the variety of ways the Internet of Things is in use.
- Benefits and Challenges: In this lesson, we discuss the problems solved and created by IoT.
- Systems Architecture, Components, and Development: In this lesson, we’ll review hardware, tools, languages, platforms, and networking.
- IoT Demos: In this set of lessons, we dig deeper into the practical uses of IoT. Including, Autodesk Circuits, IoT on AWS, General Electric Predix, and Node Red.
- Course Conclusion: Summary of everything you’ve learned
Welcome to this Introduction to the Internet of Things course here at Cloud Academy. I'm Richard Augenti and I'll be your instructor. In this course, we're going to introduce you to the Internet of Things and help you begin developing new solutions. In our introduction, we'll provide an overview of the industry and how these technologies are being used. Then we'll dive into different components you'll be working with in developing and building your solutions.
This will include microprocessors, edge devices, middleware components, network devices, and so on. This is a certification-level course which is primarily designed for new developers to the internet of things. This course is also helpful to IT professionals, managers, and others who will be working with these technologies in some kind of capacity.
Now, a little bit about me. Again, my name is Richard Augenti. I've worked as an IT professional for the last 23 years, which in this time, I've had the opportunity to build out some large-scale internet of things solutions. This includes an AWS project where the client's application collected and monitored temperature and atmospheric conditions for facilities all across the globe. Well, I'm excited to join you on this journey in getting you up to speed with these new technologies. So let's get ready to dive into the next chapter. I'm Richard Augenti and I'll see you in the next lesson.
About the Author
Richard Augenti is a DevOps Engineer with 23 years of IT professional experience and 7 years of cloud experience with AWS and Azure. He has been engaged with varying sized projects with clients all across the globe including most sectors. He enjoys finding the best and most efficient way to make things work so, working with automation, cloud technologies, and DevOps has been the perfect fit. When Richard is not engaged with work, he can also be found presenting workshops and talks at user conferences on cloud technologies and other techie talks.