Internet of Things (IoT) is all of the rages nowadays. Internet of Things (IoT) are devices and components that exist all around us in our day to day lives which communicate with and connect through cloud networks and the internet. This includes cellular service in vehicles, specialized thermostats, and health bands that monitor health. This course will provide an introduction to the subject of Internet of Things (IoT) and provide an overall understanding.
- This course is geared for anyone currently looking to learn about and get a better understanding of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Viewers require no previous experience with Internet of Things (IoT) but, having a technical background is helpful.
- While there are no formal pre-requisites students will benefit from having a basic understanding of cloud computing services
- Recommended course - Compute Fundamentals
- Understand the purpose and benefits of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Learn the essentials of where to begin working with Internet of Things (IoT)
- Learn about the growing challenges of Internet of Things (IoT) along with the predicted growth and projections for the next few years.
This Course Includes:
60 minutes of high-definition video.
What You'll Learn:
- Course Intro: What to expect from this course.
- Use Cases: In this lesson, we discuss the variety of ways the Internet of Things is in use.
- Benefits and Challenges: In this lesson, we discuss the problems solved and created by IoT.
- Systems Architecture, Components, and Development: In this lesson, we’ll review hardware, tools, languages, platforms, and networking.
- IoT Demos: In this set of lessons, we dig deeper into the practical uses of IoT. Including, Autodesk Circuits, IoT on AWS, General Electric Predix, and Node Red.
- Course Conclusion: Summary of everything you’ve learned
In this demo, we're gonna work on installing Node-RED on a Windows 10 machine. Node-RED is use to wire different platforms together in different types of devices. So, we're gonna start off by going to the Node-RED installation page. We're gonna click on the 64 bit installation and download it, install it. Now, you see the installation's pretty straightforward. Now we're gonna install Node-RED from the command line. On a Windows machine, we're gonna run it from the Windows command line. We have to right click and run as administrator. And we're just gonna paste the command there. Okay, the installation's done. Now you can see the address there that we're gonna copy and paste into the browser to initiate it. So, the installation has been successful and we're ready to start working with Node-RED.
Richard Augenti is a DevOps Engineer with 23 years of IT professional experience and 7 years of cloud experience with AWS and Azure. He has been engaged with varying sized projects with clients all across the globe including most sectors. He enjoys finding the best and most efficient way to make things work so, working with automation, cloud technologies, and DevOps has been the perfect fit. When Richard is not engaged with work, he can also be found presenting workshops and talks at user conferences on cloud technologies and other techie talks.