This course will demonstrate some of the more advanced options that are available in Google Cloud Pub/Sub. These options include filtering and ordering messages, creating and enforcing schemas, as well as replaying previously delivered messages.
- Filtering and ordering Pub/Sub messages
- Creating and enforcing message schemas
- Handling duplicate or undeliverable messages
- Replaying and purging messages
- Monitoring your topics for problems
- GCP Developers
- GCP Data Engineers
- Anyone preparing for a Google Cloud certification (such as the Professional Data Engineer exam)
- Some experience with Cloud Pub/Sub
- Access to a Google Cloud Platform account is recommended
I hope you found this course useful and that you learned something new about Google Cloud Pub/Sub. Let’s do a quick review of everything that was covered:
- First, I showed how to set up a subscription filter to further refine the messages you receive from a given topic.
- Second, I showed you how to enforce ordering for certain messages by adding ordering keys.
- Third, I demonstrated how to keep track of any undeliverable messages using Dead Letter Topics.
- Fourth, you learned how to create and use a message schema to enforce a specific format for a topic.
- Fifth, I gave you a few options for dealing with duplicate messages.
- Sixth, you learned about how to replay previously acknowledged messages, as well as how to purge unacknowledged ones using the seek feature.
- And last, I showed you how to monitor your topics for common problems.
Well, that’s all I have for you today. Remember to give this course a rating, and if you have any questions or comments, please let us know. Thanks for watching, and make sure to check out our many other courses on Cloud Academy!
Daniel began his career as a Software Engineer, focusing mostly on web and mobile development. After twenty years of dealing with insufficient training and fragmented documentation, he decided to use his extensive experience to help the next generation of engineers.
Daniel has spent his most recent years designing and running technical classes for both Amazon and Microsoft. Today at Cloud Academy, he is working on building out an extensive Google Cloud training library.
When he isn’t working or tinkering in his home lab, Daniel enjoys BBQing, target shooting, and watching classic movies.