AVD Storage Requirements
Implementing AVD Storage
The course is part of this learning path
Your Storage is your data, so in Azure Virtual Desktop we need to address your storage needs. This comes in a few flavors: FSLogix User Profiles and Office Profiles as well as the Storage solution that they will be mounted from and the disks for your Operating Systems and data drives.
In this course, we will help you design your Azure Virtual Desktop storage components so you can get the most out of them in your AVD solution but also control cost to make AVD a more cost-effective solution with a dedicated focus on preparing you for the Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty exam.
- Understand Azure Virtual Desktop Storage requirements
- Recommend an appropriate storage solution
- Configure storage for FSLogix components
- Configure storage solution
- Configure disks
- Create and configure file shares
- Protect your storage using Azure Backup
- Understand high availability and disaster recovery
- Azure administrators with subject matter expertise in planning, delivering, and managing virtual desktop experiences and remote apps, for any device, on Azure
- Anyone looking to learn more about Azure Virtual Desktop
To get the most out of this course, you should already have some knowledge of:
- Azure Storage accounts
- Storage capacity planning
- Storage performance
- Windows PowerShell
In this course, we've covered Azure Virtual Desktop session host disk options as well as the requirements for FSLogix capacity and performance. And we've set up your FSLogix file shares with Active Directory authentication and the proper permissions. We've also protected that file share from local deletes with our soft delete function, and then further protected it with Azure Backup taking daily snapshots.
Thanks for joining me to learn about Azure Virtual Desktop storage solutions. Don't forget to provide feedback in the survey in this course, so I can keep improving. And please direct message me on social media and let me know that you are now ABD certified. Happy learning.
Dean Cefola is a Principal Azure Engineer at Microsoft and has worked in the IT industry for over 20 years. Dean has been supporting Azure Virtual Desktop from the beginning and is the Microsoft FastTrack Global Leader for AVD.