This course focuses on container security and provides an introduction to what container security is, the areas that you need to focus on when working with container security, and how it differs from other security services and procedures.
- Recognize and explain the characteristics of container security
- Recognize and explain the importance of implementing container security at scale
This course has been designed for anyone who works with containers or with container services.
To get the most out of this course, you should be able to recognize and explain the following cloud concepts before starting this course:
- Container infrastructure and services
- An understanding of the DevOps methodology
- Principles of cloud security
- Security roles and policies
Hello and welcome to this course which will focus on Container Security and will provide an introduction to what container security is, areas that we need to focus on when working with container security, and how it differs from other security services and procedures.
Before we start this course I would like to introduce myself, my name is Stuart Scott, I am one of the trainers here at Cloud Academy, specializing in AWS (Amazon Web Services). Feel free to contact me with any questions using the details shown on the screen, alternatively, you can always get in touch with us here at Cloud Academy by sending an email to email@example.com.
This course has been designed for anyone who works with containers or with container services. The concepts covered in this course are applicable to both public and private cloud environments.
- Characteristics of Container Security - This lecture will look at some of the main points of interest when controlling security surrounding Container architecture
- Container Security at Scale - Here I explain the importance of using automation and toolsets to help you maintain security at scale for your container environment
This course has the following objectives, and on completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize and explain characteristics of container security
- Recognize and explain the importance of building container security at scale
While it is not a prerequisite, you will benefit from being able to recognize and explain the following cloud concepts before starting this course.
- Container infrastructure and services.
- An understanding of the DevOps methodology.
- Principles of cloud security.
- Security roles and policies.
If you are new to cloud computing we recommend completing the ‘What is Cloud Computing?’ course to gain a basic understanding of cloud computing concepts before completing this course. And you can find it using the following link as shown on screen.
Feedback on our courses here at Cloud Academy are valuable to both us as trainers and any students looking to take the same course in the future. If you have any feedback, positive or negative, it would be greatly appreciated if you could contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
That brings me to the end of this lecture, coming up next I shall be looking at the characteristics of container security.
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 90+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 140,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.