Intro to Java and Environment Setup
The course is part of this learning path
In this course, we learn about Java technology and get you started with writing and running a Java program.
- What is the Java programming language?
- Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Installation of Eclipse
- Write a Java program
- compile and run a Java program
- Anyone looking to get Oracle Java Certification
- Those who want to learn the Java Programming language from scratch
- Java developers who want to increase their knowledge
- Beginners with no previous coding experience in Java programming
- Those who want to learn tips and tricks in Oracle Certified Associate – Java SE 8 Programmer certification exams
- No prior knowledge is required about the Java programming language
- Basic computer knowledge
Hi there. Let's understand how our Java Hello World source file was compiled and executed. Firstly, we wrote the Java source code in the HelloWorld.java file using Eclipse IDE. A source file contains code written in the Java programming language that you and other programmers can understand. As part of creating an IDE project, a skeleton source file will be automatically generated. You will then modify the source file to add the Hello World message and then, the program has to be compiled into bytecode. The IDE invokes the Java programming language compiler Javac which takes your source file and translates its text into instructions that the Java Virtual Machine can understand.
The instructions contained within this file are known as bytecodes. Java compiler compiles the source code and generates the HelloWorld.class file. This class file can be executed on any platform or operating system by Java Virtual Machine. Java Virtual Machine translates bytecode into native machine code which machines can execute. Also, library code is executed by Java Virtual Machine. The stages of compiling and running the code we have written are as follows. In the next lesson, we will take a closer look at the code that allows us to write Hello World to the console. See you in the next lesson.
OAK Academy is made up of tech experts who have been in the sector for years and years and are deeply rooted in the tech world. They specialize in critical areas like cybersecurity, coding, IT, game development, app monetization, and mobile development.