Course Introduction and Overview
Components of Power Automate
Building and Managing Flows
Power Automate is part of the Microsoft Power Platform and is a powerful tool to create automation flows for workflow processes. In this course, we cover the capabilities of the Power Automate service. You will learn how to identify common components such as flow types, connectors, conditions, expressions, and approvals.
You'll also learn how to build basic flows that can be started immediately with a button, based on an automated trigger, or on a set schedule. We'll explore how to update your flows and correct any issues that might interfere with your flow running successfully.
Furthermore, this course will help you in preparing for the Microsoft PL-900 certification for the Power Platform.
- Describe the different types of flows
- Identify and choose the proper type of flow trigger
- Find and use templates to run or modify a flow
- Use and change data connectors
- Be able to describe templates, connectors, loops and conditions, expressions, and approvals
- IT professionals who are interested in obtaining the Microsoft PL-900 certification
- Those tasked with automating tasks from Microsoft 365 applications and external application integration
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft 365 applications and a license to create Power Automate Flows (a trial of an Enterprise version would work as a temporary testbed)
Well, we’ve come to our conclusion. It's been great to have you in the course and I hope that you have learned the information you need to get started on your way to being a Power Automate expert.
This course has taught you about the possibilities with Power Automate. We have learned about different types of flows, and different ways to start flows. We have learned about the necessity for triggers and how to add actions. We've used actions that manipulate our data. We've used loops, conditions, and expressions.
We have created some flows and learned how to modify them. You now have the tools to start building flows of your own.
Continue to build your skills and explore more of the Power Platform by listening in on other courses in the Cloud Fundamentals section.
Thank you for your attendance and please reach out if you need anything.
Ron is an experienced professional with in-depth expertise in SharePoint, Power Automate, Power BI, and Microsoft 365. He enjoys involvement in corporate presentations, training, change management, communications, marketing, and facilitation.
Ron brings this experience together to design SharePoint solutions that meet his client’s business, training, and collaboration needs. His skillset includes: Program Management, Change Management, SharePoint Site Administration and Architecture, Project Management, Graphic Design, and Technology Infrastructure Expertise. Ron is an expert skier and speaks Japanese as a second language.