The course is part of these learning paths
AWS Config & Configuration
With the ever-changing nature of Cloud Computing in AWS, through the use of Auto Scaling, and self-healing architecture mechanisms, having visibility and awareness of your AWS resources is invaluable. It can be difficult to understand what your resources within your infrastructure looks like, for example:
• Understanding what resources you have
• Having an awareness of the status of resource configurations
• Knowledge of resource relationships and connectivity within your environment
• Having a clear resource history, including all previous changes
• Understanding if your resources are compliant with specific governance controls
• Having up to date and accurate auditing information that can be passed to external auditors
Depending on the size of your deployment within AWS, obtaining this information can become both a time and resource intensive exercise, unless you use AWS Config.
This course is an introduction to AWS Config and will explain how AWS Config allows you have visibility of your entire AWS infrastructure from a configuration perspective. As well as how to use the service to act as a resource inventory, compliance checker and manage configuration changes of your resources. Also discussed, we look at how AWS Config be used as a part of your security analysis procedure.
This course is designed to take you from a beginner of AWS Config to being able to implement the service within your environment.
The topics covered within this course are as follows:
• What is AWS Config? Within this lecture, you will understand exactly what the Service is and what function it provides
• Key Components: This lecture breaks down the service looking at all the components and their relationships to each other and the role they play as a part of the AWS Config service
• Service Integration: This lecture will look at how the AWS Config service integrates with other AWS Services, such as SNS, S3, CloudTrail etc
• Managing compliance with AWS Config: Here we focus on how to maintain compliance using AWS Config, whether these be internal or external requirements or standards
• Use cases and Best Practices: This lecture will focus on some of the use cases of when is best to use AWS Config to help you maintain, support and operate your AWS environment
If you have thoughts or suggestions for this course, please contact Cloud Academy at email@example.com.
About the Author
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data centre and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date Stuart has created over 40 courses relating to Cloud, most within the AWS category with a heavy focus on security and compliance
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.