Is ITIL Just About IT?
The ITIL® 4 Foundation Course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, or delivery of IT-enabled services in a modern digital organization. It teaches the fundamentals of the very latest version of the most widely adopted guidance on IT service management (ITSM) in the world.
ITIL 4 Foundation introduces delegates to the Service Value System (SVS) which describes how all the components and activities of the organization work together as a system to enable value creation. The ITIL SVS supports many work approaches, such as Agile, DevOps and Lean as well as traditional process and project management, with a flexible value-oriented operating model.
This course is aimed at all levels of IT professionals, customers, and users involved in the provision or receipt of IT Services in any organization.
At the end of this course, you will have an understanding of the following:
- Key concepts in the ITIL 4 framework that build upon Lean, Agile, DevOps, and other practices, and how these enable business value to be co-created
- The seven guiding principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL service value system
- The four dimensions of service management
- The ITIL practices, with a focus on 15 of these, of which 7 will be covered in detail
Transcript unavailable for this lecture.
Martin is a professionally qualified and experienced IT Professional with over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. He has held a number of senior roles and has experience of large-scale IT Service Management implementation programs both in public and private sectors. He has over 15 years of experience working for QA as both a Senior principal lecturer/consultant and as Head of Service Management Product Development. Martin has delivered training to a wide variety of audiences, both UK and internationally, to consistently high levels of customer satisfaction.
His main role at QA is acting as a Head of Service Management Product Development to enable QA to deliver high quality, interactive training in the following areas:
- Delivering a wide range of public ITIL, SIAM, and BRM courses
- Delivering onsite ITIL and SIAM courses
- Developing high-quality QA authored Service Management courses and courseware across all delivery mechanisms including classroom, e-learning, and virtual
- Working with Industry partners to develop new curricula and courses – Recent examples include ITIL Practitioner and the BCS EXIN SIAM Foundation qualifications