The course is part of this learning path
Java: A First Look
Java is a very popular and powerful type safe language, used in many areas including general software development, large complex enterprise systems, mobile development, IoT devices etc.
Knowing and understanding Java will help you succeed as a developer within many industries. Well Java is more than just a software language. It’s a platform that provides many features. The Java platform not only runs on computers but it is equally at home within Cars, Cards, Rings, PDAs and many other physical devices. The Java platform was developed early on with the explicit intention of being a portable technology, being agnostic of any underlying operating system - and therefore being able to run in as many different places possible. This is and has been and always will be one of the main motives to consider investing in Java.
This training course introduces you to the Java Platform, the Java SDK, and Eclipse as an IDE for creating and managing Java software applications.
- Understand what Java is
- Understand the Java tooling and which tools are used for tasks such as compiling, running, and documenting Java programs
- Understand the different versions of Java
- Explain the JDK structure
- Create a simple Java class
- Compile and run a simple Java application using the javac and java tools
- Become familiar with Eclipse for coding Java programs
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software Engineers interested in learning Java to develop applications
- Software Architects interested in learning Java to design applications
- Anyone interested in basic Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the basics of the Java SDK
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome to this Cloud Academy Course: Java A First Look. In this lecture, we'll quickly introduce you to the course agenda and learning objectives. This training course introduces you to the Java platform, the Java SDK and Eclipse as an IDE for creating and managing Java software applications. By completing this course, you will understand what Java is, understand the Java tooling and which tools are used for tasks, such as compiling, running and documenting Java programs, understand the different versions of Java, explain the JDK structure, be able to create a simple Java class, compile and run a simple Java application using the Java C and Java tools and become familiar with Eclipse for coding and developing Java programs. Okay, the course introduction has now been completed. Go ahead and close this lecture and we'll see you shortly in the next one.
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.