This course provides detail on the AWS Management & Governance services relevant to the AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam.
- Learn how AWS AppConfig can reduce errors in configuration changes and prevent application downtime
- Understand how the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) can be used to model and provision application resources using common programming languages
- Get a high-level understanding of Amazon CloudWatch
- Learn about the features and use cases of the service
- Create your own CloudWatch dashboard to monitor the items that are important to you
- Understand how CloudWatch dashboards can be shared across accounts
- Understand the cost structure of CloudWatch dashboards and the limitations of the service
- Review how monitored metrics go into an ALARM state
- Learn about the challenges of creating CloudWatch Alarms and the benefits of using machine learning in alarm management
- Know how to create a CloudWatch Alarm using Anomaly Detection
- Learn what types of metrics are suitable for use with Anomaly Detection
- Create your own CloudWatch log subscription
- Learn how AWS CloudTrail enables auditing and governance of your AWS account
- Understand how Amazon CloudWatch Logs enables you to monitor and store your system, application, and custom log files
- Explain what AWS CloudFormation is and what it’s used for
- Determine the benefits of AWS CloudFormation
- Understand what each of the core components are and what they are used for
- Create a CloudFormation Stack using an existing AWS template
- Learn what VPC flow logs are and what they are used for
- Determine options for operating programmatically with AWS, including the AWS CLI, APIs, and SDKs
- Learn about the capabilities of AWS Systems Manager for managing applications and infrastructure
- Understand how AWS Secrets Manager can be used to securely encrypt application secrets
Hello, and welcome to this course on management and governance in AWS, where we’re here to help you on your journey to prepare for the AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification.
Before we get started, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Danny Jessee, and I am one of the trainers here at Cloud Academy, specializing in AWS – Amazon Web Services – and AWS certifications.
In this course, the AWS team will be presenting a series of lectures that introduce the various management and governance services currently available in AWS that may be covered on the exam.
Feel free to contact me with any questions using the details shown on the screen, or you can always get in touch with us here at Cloud Academy by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, where one of our Cloud experts will reply to your question.
This course has been specifically curated to help you pass the AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam and is ideal for anyone who is looking to learn more about the various management and governance services in AWS in preparation for the exam.
The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to management and governance services in AWS for developers, including:
AWS Cloud Development Kit (AWS CDK),
Amazon CloudWatch Logs,
AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), and
AWS Systems Manager.
Together with the other courses in this learning path, we’ll cover all of the key tools, technologies, and concepts from the AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam guide and ensure that you are fully prepared to sit this exam.
The AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification has been designed for anyone in a developer role who has knowledge and experience using AWS services to develop, test, deploy, and debug applications. All of the AWS Cloud concepts introduced in this course will be explained and reinforced from the ground up.
Here at Cloud Academy, we strive to keep our content current to provide the best training available. If you have any feedback, positive or negative, or if you notice anything that needs to be updated or corrected for the next release cycle, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 150+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 180,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.