Options for Operating Programmatically with AWS
Using the AWS Command Line Interface
AWS Systems Manager
AWS Secrets Manager
AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
The course is part of this learning path
This course provides detail on the AWS Management & Governance services relevant to the AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam.
Want more? Try a lab playground or do a Lab Challenge!
- Learn how AWS AppConfig can reduce errors in configuration changes and prevent application downtime
- Understand how the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) can be used to model and provision application resources using common programming languages
- Get a high-level understanding of Amazon CloudWatch
- Learn about the features and use cases of the service
- Create your own CloudWatch dashboard to monitor the items that are important to you
- Understand how CloudWatch dashboards can be shared across accounts
- Understand the cost structure of CloudWatch dashboards and the limitations of the service
- Review how monitored metrics go into an ALARM state
- Learn about the challenges of creating CloudWatch Alarms and the benefits of using machine learning in alarm management
- Know how to create a CloudWatch Alarm using Anomaly Detection
- Learn what types of metrics are suitable for use with Anomaly Detection
- Create your own CloudWatch log subscription
- Learn how AWS CloudTrail enables auditing and governance of your AWS account
- Understand how Amazon CloudWatch Logs enables you to monitor and store your system, application, and custom log files
- Explain what AWS CloudFormation is and what it’s used for
- Determine the benefits of AWS CloudFormation
- Understand what each of the core components are and what they are used for
- Create a CloudFormation Stack using an existing AWS template
- Learn what VPC flow logs are and what they are used for
- Determine options for operating programmatically with AWS, including the AWS CLI, APIs, and SDKs
- Learn about the capabilities of AWS Systems Manager for managing applications and infrastructure
- Understand how AWS Secrets Manager can be used to securely encrypt application secrets
Systems Manager is a good fit in the AWS Tool Set. Systems Manager fits well into your existing AWS configuration and management tool set. It provides you with the Systems Manager Explorer, which is a customizable operations dashboard that delivers a display of your operational data and work items for all your accounts and across regions. You can use Explorer to configure settings and preferences. You can customize the display using drag and drop and drill down capabilities to prioritize work items.
Finally, with Explorer, you can take action using automated runbooks if needed. Systems Manager also integrates with your Amazon CloudWatch dashboards and your Personal Health dashboard. You can now have a set of fully managed AWS Services that help you enable provisioning and operating of your resources at scale. If you'd like to know more about Amazon CloudWatch Dashboard, you could view our existing course at the link shown here on the screen.
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 150+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 180,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.