Instructor: Carlos Rivas
The Health Dashboard is quite useful as it is, specially for those using AWS Organizations. However, if you also subscribe to a Business or Enterprise level support plan, AWS takes it up a notch by providing access to the Heath API.
This enables you to perform lots of additional health-related tasks such as integration with 3rd-party applications, such as: Creating JIRA Tickets, sending notifications to Slack or MS Teams and more.
One feature that I find quite interesting is to be able to use the Open-Source tool called AHA – AWS Health Aware. This tool, created by AWS, depends on the Health API.
This tool will perform the monitoring for you and provide you with integrations and notifications of Events that are relevant to your accounts and overall AWS footprint.
This section provides detail on the AWS management services relevant to the Solution Architect Associate exam. These services are used to help you audit, monitor and evaluate your AWS infrastructure and resources. These management services form a core component of running resilient and performant architectures.
- Understand the benefits of using AWS CloudWatch and audit logs to manage your infrastructure
- Learn how to record and track API requests using AWS CloudTrail
- Learn what AWS Config is and its components
- Manage your accounts with AWS Organizations, including single sign-on with AWS SSO
- Learn how to carry out logging with CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, and VPC Flow Logs
- Understand how to design cost-optimized architectures in AWS
- Learn about AWS data transformation tools such as AWS Glue and data visualization services like Amazon Athena and QuickSight
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 150+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 180,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.