Logging is very important today given the volume and variety of data we deal with across different customer use cases. This course will enable you to take a more proactive approach towards identifying faults and crashes in your applications through the effective use of Google Cloud Logging. As a result, you will learn how to delegate the operational overhead to GCP through automated logging tools, resulting in a more productive operational pipeline for your team and organization.
Through this course, you will equip yourself with the required skills for streaming log data to Google Cloud Logging service and use metrics to understand your system's behavior. The course will start with an introduction to the Cloud Logging Service and then demonstrate how to stream logs using Cloud Logging Agent and the Python client library.
To get the most out of this course, you should already have an understanding of application logging.
This course is suited for anyone interested in logging using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Cloud Logging.
- Source code for this course: https://github.com/cloudacademy/Managing-Application-Logs-and-Metrics-on-GCP
- Google Cloud fluentd source code: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/google-fluentd
- Google Cloud fluentd additional configurations: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/fluentd-catch-all-config
- Google Cloud fluentd output plugin configuration: https://cloud.google.com/logging/docs/agent/logging/configuration#cloud-fluentd-config
- Package release history: https://pypi.org/project/google-cloud-logging/#history
- Metrics Explorer pricing: https://cloud.google.com/stackdriver/pricing#metrics-chargeable
Hello, welcome to the Managing Application Logs and Metrics on GCP course. My name is Pradeep Bhadani and I will be teaching this course. I worked as a Data, DataOps and DevOps Engineer for both start-ups and large enterprises and helped establish DevOps culture and best practices. I have experience in both Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services and using automation to achieve better and faster results.
This course is designed to teach you some of the Logging concepts with Google Cloud Platform. This course expects you to have an understanding of application logging. In this course, you will learn how to: Enable Cloud Logging, configure the Cloud Logging Agent, send logs to the Cloud Logging Service, and visualize your data using Metrics Explorer.
The source code demonstrated in the course can be cloned from the GitHub repository mentioned in the description below.
Pradeep Bhadani is an IT Consultant with over nine years of experience and holds various certifications related to AWS, GCP, and HashiCorp. He is recognized as HashiCorp Ambassador and GDE (Google Developers Expert) in Cloud for his knowledge and contribution to the community.
He has extensive experience in building data platforms on the cloud and as well as on-premises through the use of DevOps strategies & automation. Pradeep is skilled at delivering technical concepts helping teams and individuals to upskill on the latest technologies.