Managing Azure Costs
The course is part of these learning pathsSee 2 more
In this course, you’ll learn how to forecast Azure costs, choose the right subscription and purchasing options, track spending, and use cost reduction strategies.
- Use the Total Cost of Ownership Calculator to determine cost savings from migrating to Azure
- Understand Azure subscription and purchasing options
- Use the Pricing Calculator to forecast Azure service costs
- Apply Azure cost reduction strategies
- Create budgets and analyze spending using Azure Cost Management
- Anyone who needs to manage costs on Azure
- People preparing to take either the Azure Fundamentals or Azure Solutions Architect exam
- Basic knowledge of Azure (or take our Overview of Azure Services course)
Welcome to “Managing Azure Costs”. I’m Guy Hummel, and I’m a certified Azure Solutions Architect.
In this course, I’ll start by showing you how to use the Total Cost of Ownership Calculator. Then I’ll explain Azure subscription and purchasing options. Next, I’ll show you the Pricing Calculator. Then I’ll cover some of the most important ways to reduce costs. Finally, I’ll give you an overview of Azure Cost Management.
To get the most from this course, you should already have some basic knowledge of Azure. If you don’t have any experience with Azure, then you can take our “Overview of Azure Services” course.
We’d love to get your feedback on this course, so please give it a rating when you’re finished. Thanks!
Guy launched his first training website in 1995 and he's been helping people learn IT technologies ever since. He has been a sysadmin, instructor, sales engineer, IT manager, and entrepreneur. In his most recent venture, he founded and led a cloud-based training infrastructure company that provided virtual labs for some of the largest software vendors in the world. Guy’s passion is making complex technology easy to understand. His activities outside of work have included riding an elephant and skydiving (although not at the same time).