The course is part of this learning path
Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
Configuring Application Access
Implementing Access for External users
This course has been designed to teach you how to manage Microsoft 365 access and authentication. The content in this course will help prepare you for the Microsoft 365 Identity and Services exam.
The topics covered within this course include:
- Managing Authentication
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
- Configuring Application Access
- Implementing Access for External Users of Microsoft 365 Workloads
Who should attend this course?
- Those who are preparing for the Microsoft 365 Identity and Services exam
- Those looking to learn more about Microsoft 365
- To learn how to configure and monitor authentication
- To learn how to administer MFA and report on its utilization
- To learn how to configure application registration and use Azure AD Application Proxy
- To learn how to use Azure Active Directory B2B to add and manage external users
To get the most from this course, you should at least be familiar with the Microsoft 365 offering and have a general understanding of its features.
About the Author
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.
- [Thomas] Welcome to Managing Microsoft 365 Access and Authentication. My name is Thomas Mitchell and I'll be taking you through this course. I'm a content author at Cloud Academy and I have over 25 years of deep IT experience, several of those with cloud technologies. If you have any questions on this course, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn or send an email to email@example.com. This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in earning Microsoft 365 certification and for those who work with Microsoft 365 on a daily basis. To get the most from this course, you should have at least a basic understanding of authentication concepts and of Microsoft 365 itself. Throughout this course, we'll cover topics such as designing an authentication method and how to configure multi-factor authentication. We'll also cover self-service password reset and how to enable it in an Azure subscription. While we're at, we'll work through some live demonstrations. Next, we'll cover authentication monitoring. You'll learn how to access sign-in reports in the Azure AD portal and how to use those reports to monitor Azure Active Directory. Later on, we'll work through some additional demonstrations that will teach you how to implement multi-factor authentication and how to manage multi-factor authentication for end users. We'll also cover Azure multi-factor authentication reports. After covering multi-factor authentication, we'll take a look at how application access is configured in Azure Active Directory. We'll work through the process of configuring application registration in Azure AD as well as how to configure Azure AD application proxy. Rounding out the course, we'll touch on Azure Active Directory B2B and how to add guest users to your directory using the Azure portal. By the time that you complete this course, you'll have an understanding of how to manage access and authentication in Microsoft Azure. We'd love to get your feedback on this course so please give it a rating when you're finished. If you're ready to learn about managing Microsoft 365 access and authentication, let's get started.