The course is part of this learning path
This training course provides you with a deep dive into how to use metaprogramming to dynamically alter the behavior of Python scripts at runtime, using techniques such as monkey patching.
- Understand what metaprogramming is and what it can be used for
- Review how to access local and global variables by name
- Know how to inspect the details of any object at runtime
- Know how to manipulate the behavior of an object runtime through the use of monkey patching
- And finally, understand how to create and use decorators for classes and functions
- A basic understanding of the Python programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software developers interested in learning how to write Python code in a Pythonic way
- Python junior-level developers interested in advancing their Python skills
- Anyone with an interest in Python and how to use Python to write concise and elegant scripts for general purpose tasks
Okay, welcome back. In this course, we're going to review metaprogramming and the metaprogramming capabilities within the Python language. The learning objectives for this course will be to learn what metaprogramming means, to understand how to access local and global variables by name, how we can inspect the details of any object, using attribute functions to manipulate an object, and understanding how to create decorators for classes and functions.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).