The course is part of this learning path
This training course provides you with a deep dive into how to use metaprogramming to dynamically alter the behavior of Python scripts at runtime, using techniques such as monkey patching.
- Understand what metaprogramming is and what it can be used for
- Review how to access local and global variables by name
- Know how to inspect the details of any object at runtime
- Know how to manipulate the behavior of an object runtime through the use of monkey patching
- And finally, understand how to create and use decorators for classes and functions
- A basic understanding of the Python programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software developers interested in learning how to write Python code in a Pythonic way
- Python junior-level developers interested in advancing their Python skills
- Anyone with an interest in Python and how to use Python to write concise and elegant scripts for general purpose tasks
Okay, welcome back. Before we finish, let's do a quick recap of the content that we have covered off and reviewed in this course. For starters, we gained an understanding of what metaprogramming is and what it can be used for. We then reviewed how to access local and global variables by name. We reviewed how to inspect the details of any object at runtime. We then demonstrated how to manipulate the behavior of an object at runtime through the use of monkey patching. And finally, we looked at how to create and use decorators for classes and functions. Again, thank you for your participation. We do hope that you have enjoyed this course on Python metaprogramming. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and/or comments regarding this course.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).