With the push to the cloud accelerating, it’s critical to understand how to migrate on-premises servers to Microsoft Azure. As an IT professional, you are likely to encounter situations where you need to plan and execute such migrations.
This course provides an overview of the Azure Migrate offering and the various Azure Migrate integrations that are available, before moving on to assessing and migrating VMware virtual machines, Hyper-V machines, and physical machines.
After preparing for migration, this course will walk you through a guided demonstration of an actual assessment and migration of a VMware virtual machine to Microsoft Azure. By the time you finish this course, you should have a full understanding of the Azure Migrate Service and the different options that are available for using it to migrate servers to Microsoft Azure.
If you have any feedback, comments, or questions about this course, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assess and migrate VMware virtual machines, Hyper-V machines, and physical machines
- Set up and prepare Azure and VMware for Azure Migrate
- Learn about the Azure Migrate Server Migration tool, appliance VMs, and continuous discovery
- Understand all the steps necessary to carry out the migration of a VMware virtual machine to Microsoft Azure
- IT professionals interested in becoming Azure cloud architects or preparing for Microsoft’s Azure certification exams
- IT professionals tasked with managing and supporting Azure virtual machines
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure
- General knowledge of the Azure environment and VMware
Hi everybody, and welcome back. So now that we have our Azure Migrate project set up, we need to add the Azure Migrate: Server Migration tool. Because, remember, we skipped this step earlier. To add the Azure Migrate: Server Migration tool, I'm going to do so through the Overview page of my Azure Migrate project. What I'm going to do is click the Assess and Migrate Servers button under Windows and Linux servers. Now, see this little link under here, under Migration Tools? It's really hidden for some reason. What I'm going to do here is click this link to add a Migration Tool. And then from this tools list here, I'll select the Azure Migrate: Server Migration, and then I'll click Add Tool down here at the bottom. Now what this does is add the Server Migration Tool to my Azure Migrate project. In the next lesson, we'll begin the process of preparing our VMs for migration.
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.