Assessing & Migrating Servers
Assessing VMware Virtual Machines
Migrating from VMware to Azure
The course is part of these learning paths
With the push to the cloud accelerating, it’s critical to understand how to migrate on-premises servers to Microsoft Azure. As an IT professional, you are likely to encounter situations where you need to plan and execute such migrations.
This course provides an overview of the Azure Migrate offering and the various Azure Migrate integrations that are available, before moving on to assessing and migrating VMware virtual machines, Hyper-V machines, and physical machines.
After preparing for migration, this course will walk you through a guided demonstration of an actual assessment and migration of a VMware virtual machine to Microsoft Azure. By the time you finish this course, you should have a full understanding of the Azure Migrate Service and the different options that are available for using it to migrate servers to Microsoft Azure.
If you have any feedback, comments, or questions about this course, please write to us at email@example.com.
- Assess and migrate VMware virtual machines, Hyper-V machines, and physical machines
- Set up and prepare Azure and VMware for Azure Migrate
- Learn about the Azure Migrate Server Migration tool, appliance VMs, and continuous discovery
- Understand all the steps necessary to carry out the migration of a VMware virtual machine to Microsoft Azure
- IT professionals interested in becoming Azure cloud architects or preparing for Microsoft’s Azure certification exams
- IT professionals tasked with managing and supporting Azure virtual machines
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure
- General knowledge of the Azure environment and VMware
Welcome back. Over the next several lessons, which are really going to be demonstrations, I'm going to show you how to assess and migrate VMware virtual machines to Microsoft Azure. As we work through these steps, you'll learn how to set up an Azure Migrate project, how to set up an Azure Migrate appliance that runs on-prem to asses VMs, you'll learn how to start continuous discovery of on-prem VMs, how to group discover VMs and assess the VM group, and how to review the assessment.
Once we've completed the assessment, we'll get started on the actual migration.
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.