The course is part of this learning path
Module 8 - Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Business continuity management and disaster recovery are about an organization being prepared for business disruption and taking the necessary actions to get the business operational as soon as possible after an incident occurs. This course provides a strong foundation in each area by looking at what business continuity management is, why it’s important and how it can be implemented within the overall risk management process, before reviewing the disaster recovery process.
The objectives of this course are to provide you with and understanding of:
- The value of business continuity management to an organization
- The business continuity management process
- The impact of business disruption on an organization and how long disruption should be tolerated
- The business continuity implementation process and implementation planning
- Disaster recovery strategy and the importance of disaster recovery planning
- Different standby systems and how these relate to recovery time
- The importance of robust documentation and testing of the plan
This course is ideal for members of information security management teams, IT managers, security and systems managers, information asset owners and employees with legal compliance responsibilities. It acts as a foundation for more advanced managerial or technical qualifications.
There are no specific pre-requisites to study this course, however a basic knowledge of IT, an understanding of the general principles of information technology security, and awareness of the issues involved with security control activity would be advantageous.
We welcome all feedback and suggestions - please contact us at email@example.com if you are unsure about where to start or if would like help getting started.
Welcome to the Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery Learning Path.
Business continuity management and disaster recovery are about an organization being prepared for business disruption and taking the necessary actions to get the business operational as soon as possible after an incident occurs. This falls within the overall risk management framework.
Both areas relate to the organization’s people, premises, processes and procedures. However, a business continuity plan focuses on the recovery of business and workgroup functions – like operations, sales and HR – whilst a disaster recovery plan relates to technology platforms and associated technology functions like servers, mainframes and, networks.
This learning path has two videos to provide you with a strong foundation in each area:
· The first is about understanding what business continuity management is, why it’s important and how it can be implemented within the overall risk management process.
· The second video looks specifically at disaster recovery systems, planning and documentation.
The videos are supported by quizzes for you to check your understanding as you work through them.