Object Oriented Development using Java
Object Oriented Development
The course is part of this learning path
Java is a very popular and powerful type-safe language, used in many areas including general software development, large complex enterprise systems, mobile development, IoT devices, etc. One of Java’s core strengths is its support for object-oriented development.
This training course provides you with a deep dive into object-oriented development and how it is used and implemented within the Java language.
- Understand what Inheritance and Polymorphism are and how to implement them
- Learn the benefits of working with Interfaces and Abstract Classes
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software Engineers interested in advancing their Java skills
- Software Architects interested in using advanced features of Java to design and build both applications and frameworks
- Anyone interested in advanced Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the advanced areas and features of the Java SDK
- [Jeremy Cook] Hello and welcome to this CloudAcademy course, "Object Oriented Development". In this lecture we'll introduce you to the course agenda and learning objectives. This training course introduces you to Object Oriented development and how it is used and implemented within the Java language. One of Java's core strengths is its support for OO development. By completing this course, you will understand what Inheritance and Polymorphism is and how to implement it, understand the benefits of working with Interfaces and Abstract Classes. Okay the course introduction has now been completed. Go ahead and close this lecture and we'll see you shortly in the next one.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes.