Optimizing Dedicated SQL Pools in Azure Synapse Analytics
The course is part of these learning paths
This course explains how to optimize dedicated SQL pools in Azure Synapse Analytics using different data distribution methods, partitioning, and query optimization. It also gives a quick overview of the security and disaster recovery features of dedicated SQL pools.
- Know when to use round-robin, hash-distributed, and replicated distributions
- Know when to partition a table
- Optimize queries using statistics, caching, and log investigation
- Understand the security and disaster recovery features of dedicated SQL pools
- Anyone who would like to learn advanced features of dedicated SQL pools in Azure Synapse Analytics
- Some knowledge of Azure Synapse Analytics (take Introduction to Azure Synapse Analytics if you’re not familiar with this Microsoft service)
- Experience with SQL (not mandatory)
Welcome to “Optimizing Dedicated SQL Pools in Azure Synapse Analytics”. My name’s Guy Hummel, and I’m a Microsoft Certified Azure Expert. If you have any questions, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn and send me a message, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this course, I’ll explain how to optimize dedicated SQL pools in Synapse Analytics using different data distribution methods, partitioning, and query optimization. I’ll also give you a quick overview of its security and disaster recovery features.
To get the most from this course, you should already have some knowledge of Azure Synapse Analytics. If you haven’t taken our Introduction to Azure Synapse Analytics course already, then please go through it before taking this course. It would also be helpful to have some experience with SQL, although that’s not mandatory.
We’d love to get your feedback on this course, so please give it a rating when you’re finished. Thanks!
Guy launched his first training website in 1995 and he's been helping people learn IT technologies ever since. He has been a sysadmin, instructor, sales engineer, IT manager, and entrepreneur. In his most recent venture, he founded and led a cloud-based training infrastructure company that provided virtual labs for some of the largest software vendors in the world. Guy’s passion is making complex technology easy to understand. His activities outside of work have included riding an elephant and skydiving (although not at the same time).