The course focuses on the components of the method and how they help to structure project delivery. Delegates should note that evening work will be assigned which is not expected to exceed two hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
- The structure of the method and the guide will be introduced before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
- The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
- Themes and Processes
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2 processes encompass the chronological activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The activities include pre-project, initiation and delivery, and end with project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
- Welcome to your PRINCE2 Foundation course and this is module one where we introduce the course. If this was a classroom-based Foundation course which we often run then we would be covering the following topics over the two days. We would spend some time with Introductions then we'd look at an Overview of PRINCE2, the Principles Tailoring and then we'd embark on the Themes, Business case, Organisation and in the afternoon we'd be looking at Quality, Plans and the Risk thing. So quite a packed day one. Then day two, we'd finish off the Themes we'd look at Change and Progress and then we would run through the different PRINCE2 processes, and then we normally would take the Foundation exam sometime around three or four o'clock in the afternoon. So, we are showing you this just so that you can think about how you might want to plan your time some of you may already have your Foundation exams booked. If you're doing your Foundation exam online on screen then you can book a time that's convenient to you and you can obviously plan your learning accordingly and be much more flexible than this. But if you're trying to go for it and do it in a couple of days then you might be interested in this agenda. So we going to actually follow that in this course but of course you guys can take your time doing it The Foundation course structure is that we have broken up all those different topics into modules. And there'll be videos like this one giving an overview of the theory as we go through each module and sometimes there are several videos because we've got quite a lot of theory to get across. These will be in disperse with quizzes and polls and reading assignments, knowledge checks so we just ask you one of those questions. And we also give you some practise with groups of some sample Foundation questions so we've got four of those in total. So there will be quite a few modules, we've got 21 in total, and there will be a different combination of each of these elements in each module. So now you know what to expect in each module I think probably it's time to start module two and get really stuck into PRINCE2.
A hard working, self-motivated and dedicated IT Consultant with extensive experience and a proven track record in the areas of Management, Networking, Communications and Security. A capable organiser, quick to grasp and make good use of new ideas and concepts. Reliable and conscientious in all work aspects. Possesses exceptional interpersonal skills and utilises communicative abilities to build, develop and maintain effective relationships. A motivational and inspirational manager, who enjoys being part of a successful and productive team, and thrives in highly pressurised and challenging working environments.