The course is part of this learning path
This training course provides you with a deep dive into the various Python language features that you should be exploiting to write clean, concise, readable, and maintainable code - the Pythonic way!!
- Understand how to write Pythonic code
- Understand Python specific idioms
- Understand how to work with key collection data structures such as Tuples, Lists, Sets, and Dictionaries
- Understand how to work with Iterables and List, Set, and Dictionary Comprehensions
- Understand Lambda Functions, Generator Functions and Expressions and when and how to use them
- And finally, understand string formatters and formatting
- A basic understanding of the Python programming language
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Software developers interested in learning how to write Python code in a Pythonic way
- Python junior level developers interested in advancing their Python skills
- Anyone with an interest in Python and how to use Python to write concise and elegant scripts for general purpose tasks
- [Jeremy] In this course we're going to examine and explore the concept of Pythonic Programming. So this is the concept of exploiting features embedded within the Python language that you can use to write clear, concise, and maintainable code. The learning objectives in this course are to learn what makes code Pythonic, to understand some of the Python-specific idioms. We'll go through data structures such as Tuples, lists, and dictionaries. We'll review the concept of iterables. We'll explore list, set, and dictionary comprehensions. Next, well examine lambda functions. Later, generator functions and expressions. We'll look at how we can perform advanced slicing operations on sequences. And finally, we'll look at string formatters and formatting.
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.